RAWA, the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan, is calling on supporters of women’s rights in Afghanistan to join action on the streets on 25 September.
They say: “Women of the world and our allies stand with the women - and all vulnerable groups - of Afghanistan against imperialism, militarism, fundamentalism and fascism. None of us are free until the women of Afghanistan are free”.
They call on governments to:
• Refuse to recognize a Taliban government, which has no legitimacy beyond the brutal force it commands and which terrorises the people of Afghanistan, girls and women in particular.
• Stop all forms of support to the Taliban, including funding, providing of arms and technical knowhow.
• End imperialism, militarism, fascism and religious fundamentalism. Stop and prevent manipulating women’s rights for commercial and other interests.
• Support the women’s resistance to the Taliban inside Afghanistan. Respect and support Afghan women and people’s exercise of their democratic and human rights, including their right to self-determination.
• Evacuate women and men, human rights defenders, journalists, police officers, public employees, athletes, and LGBTI+ who wish to leave the country and ensure their safe passage.
• Create an independent body of observers, made up with a majority of women, who have a track record of promoting women’s human rights to monitor the situation in Afghanistan.
• Welcome refugees, with the US and their allies assuming the responsibility of financing the cost of resettling displaced people from Afghanistan.
• Immediately open humanitarian corridors to support the people of Afghanistan.
• Stop arms trade policies and the military industrial complex, which profits from the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and elsewhere in the world.