Third edition, further expanded and corrected (October 2019)
£5. £7 including UK postage, £8 including non-UK postage. Pay at www.workersliberty.org/payment, and add a note to indicate what the payment is for.
This includes some additions to and corrections to the second edition, May 2019. The first edition was in 1989 (date incorrectly given, in second edition, as 1993).
- Note, introduction (2019), preface (1989)
- Debate: Jim Higgins and Sean Matgamna
- 1. Anti-Zionism and anti-semitism
- 2. 'Secular democratic Palestine' or 'Two states'?
- 3. Zionism and the Holocaust
- 4. 'Zionism' and 'anti-Zionism' in Britain
- 5. The 'Perdition" affair
- 6. How Trotskyists debated Palestine before the Holocaust
- Postscript: 'With Hitler on the road to Samara'
- Right-click here to download 3rd edition as .mobi
- Right-click here to download 3rd edition as .epub
- Right-click here to download 3rd edition as .pdf and its cover
Some texts in this collection are slight revisions of earlier versions of those same texts found elsewhere on this website.
This pamphlet presents the long and lively public debate in the 1980s and 1990s, with many contributors, which led to Workers' Liberty re-developing our ideas about Israel, Palestine, and antisemitism. It is a new, expanded, and corrected edition of the 1989 Workers' Liberty Pamphlet, 'Arabs, Jews and Socialism: The debate on Palestine, Zionism and anti-Semitism'.