Nadine Dorries, the MP who is leading a new campaign to cut abortion time limit, has been suspended from the Tory parliamentary party over her decision to appear on I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.
Dorries has said that she has no ambitions, and that all she wants to do is God’s work. Getting at least £40,000 as an appearance fee for hanging out in the Outback means nothing to her, then.
It will take more than a dressing down from a Tory whip to keep Dorries in check. Defending abortion rights will be one the central focus of the AWL's work in the next period.
You can help by getting involved in the broad campaign to defend a woman’s right to choose. But also by donating to the AWL!
Help us raise £15,000 by May Day 2013. You can contribute in the following ways:
* Taking out a monthly standing order using the form below or at www.workersliberty.org/resources. Please post completed forms to us at the AWL address below.
* Making a donation by cheque, payable to “AWL”, or donating online at www.workersliberty.org/donate.
* Organising a fundraising event.
* Taking copies of Solidarity to sell.
* Get in touch to discuss joining the AWL. More information: 07796 690874 /firstname.lastname@example.org / AWL, 20E Tower Workshops, 58 Riley Road, London SE1 3DG.
Total raised this week: £3,075
We raised a fantastic £2,135 in a fund collection at our conference last weekend. We raised a further £940 in donations after the conference and increased standing orders. Thanks to everyone who put into the collection and also Eric, Gemma, Louise, Paul, Ruah and Tony.