The European Social Forum is just a month off, tens of thousands gathering to talk politics and decide on Europe-wide campaigns for the coming year. There will be something to suit every taste!
- Monday 10 November: The AWL's own international meeting. For more information, see www.workersliberty.org/esf.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 11 and 12 November: trade union meeting organised by ETUC and CGT activists.
- Wednesday 12 November: Assembly for Women's Rights (see above).
- evening Weds 12 November: ESF opening ceremonies at the four sites, Saint Denis, Bobigny, La Villette, Ivry.
- Thursday 12-Saturday 15 November: ESF plenaries, seminars and workshops. Details at www.fse-esf.org
- afternoon Saturday 15 November: Paris march
- Sunday 16 November: meeting of the "social movements"-effectively a report-back from the whole ESF and a time to decide Europe-wide campaigns for the coming year.
- Friday 14-Sunday 16 November: Forum Social Libertaire and anarchist bookfair at Saint Ouen, Paris.
Information about a special Eurostar train to Paris is available at www.mobilise.org.uk. Most of the practical details you might need regarding free/cheap accommodation at the ESF, how to register, orientation, etc., is available at www.fse-esf.org, but if you need more advice get in touch with us!
Workers' Liberty at the ESF
The AWL will have a stall at the ESF, and plans to run a workshop about workers' Europe. To find out venue and times as we get information from the ESF organisers, see www.workersliberty.org/esf.