Today one class, the working class, lives by selling its labour power to another, the capitalist class which owns the means of production. Society is shaped by the capitalists' relentless drive to increase their wealth. Capitalism causes poverty, unemployment, the blighting of lives by overwork, imperialism, the destruction of the environment and much else.
Against the accumulated wealth and power of the capitalists, the working class's basic weapon is: solidarity.
The Alliance for Workers' Liberty aims to build solidarity through struggle so that the working class can overthrow capitalism. We want socialist revolution: collective ownership of industry and services, workers' control and a democracy much fuller than the present, with elected representatives recallable at any time and an end to bureaucrats' and managers' privileges.
We fight for the labour movement to break with "social partnership" and assert working-class interests militantly against the bosses.
Our priority is to work in the workplaces and trade unions, supporting workers' struggles, producing workplace bulletins, helping organise rank-and-file groups.
We stand for:
• Independent working-class representation in politics.
• A workers' government, based on and accountable to the labour movement.
• A workers' charter of trade union rights - to organise, to strike, to picket effectively, and to take solidarity action.
• Taxation of the rich to fund decent public services, homes, education and jobs for all.
• A workers' movement that fights all forms of oppression. Full equality for women, and social provision to make liberation a reality. Free abortion on demand. Full equality for lesbian, gay and bisexual people. For working-class unity against racism and fascism - black and white, British-born and migrant, all religions and none. Drive the racists and fascists off our streets! Open borders and citizenship for all migrants.
• Global solidarity against global capital - workers' everywhere have more in common with each other than with their capitalist or Stalinist rulers.
• Democracy at every level of society from the smallest workplace or community to global social organisation.
• Working-class solidarity in international politics: equal rights for all nations, against imperialists and predators big and small.
• Maximum left unity in action, and openness in debate!
If you agree with us, please get in touch to work and discuss with us - and consider joining us!